Schedule of Events
Living History School Tours begin in conjunction with the Battle of Selma Re-enactment’s Strategic Partner Wallace Community College Selma. The 1860’s come alive with hands-on instruction and period music. Only pre-selected Living History Presenters will be allowed contact with the school day attendees.
• Living History School Tours continue. Only pre-selected Living History Presenters will be allowed contact with the school day attendees
• Enjoy present day and 1860s style food, beverages,clothes, jewelry, toys
and souvenirs. Sutlers will be open so bring your Yankee money.
7:30 pm: The ominous beauty and power of Civil War era artillery is unleashed
• 8:00 pm: Join in the fun at the re-enactor’s camp dance. A Period Band will play and give period dance instruction
• Both Friday evening events are Free to the public
Saturday, Gates open 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday Battlefield Admission ~ $7 (US) No Confederate currency accepted
•Tour Confederate, Union and civilian camps
• See the troops drill as they prepare for the skirmish
• 2:00 pm: Battle — Civil War infantry, cavalry, and artillery tactics
• 7:00 pm: The Battle of Selma Grand Military Ball at Sturdivant Hall
5th Alabama Regimental Band
The Blue and Gray are in a precarious truce to enjoy an enchanted evening in one of the South’s premiere antebellum homes. Let Sturdivant Hall, period dress, etiquette and the sound of brass and string bands take you to the 1860s. The receiving line begins at 7:00 pm, registered re-enactors and April 1865 Society members in period dress may attend at no charge. For additional information, contact us at [email protected] .
PERIOD DRESS REQUIRED
Sunday, Gates open 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday Battlefield Admission ~ $7 (US) No Confederate currency accepted
• 9:00 am: period worship service
• 10:30 am: Civil War Memorial Service and history tour at historic Old Live Oak Cemetery. Hear stories about the men who fought, in this final resting place for some of the South’s most beloved sons
• Visit the sutler’s area for food, shopping and clothing reminiscent of the period
• Witness full military troop and camp inspections
• 2:00 pm: The Battle of Selma Re-enactment begins